I've designed a custom race for D&D:
The result of Human-Vampire mating doesn't usually exist, being that the mate is usually killed or turned into a vampire after the mating. But in several cases, the mate could be saved in time...or rather...too late. In this case, the born offspring is a half-vampire, while looks exactly like ordinary human, still hungers for blood. Half-Vampires receives the traits which vampires have. Including inert magical abilities. In most cases, people would misunderstood Half-Vampires as born spellcasters, like sorcerers or perhaps psions.
Personality: Most Half-Vampires are antisocial and likes dark and mysterious places. They find occult stuffs interesting and are fond to places which emanates dark energies.
Physical Description: Most Half-Vampire looks just like a human, Half-Vampires from other races doesn't exist. Human Half-Vampires exists because it has something to do with human's body metabolism. Half-Vampires height is the same as an average human, and weighs like an average human. Other features resembles that of a human, except for one.
Half-Vampire's canines are longer than average humans, not as long as normal vampire but still quite long. Half-Vampires usually have red or yellow eyes, but there are some who have normal eye color. Half-Vampires casts a reflection in mirrors but the reflection is blurry, they also have shadow but is also blurry, if it is noticable at all.
Relations: Half-Vampires lives just like any other humans, but they prefer solitude and silence. Half-Vampire community is something unheard of, they usually scatter everywhere and doesn't even realize that there are many who shares the same fate.
Alignment: Although they thirst for blood, Half-Vampires are not always evil, some are good of heart and only feed from animal blood. But because of that same blood thirst, they are not exactly lawful. Half-Vampires alignment ranges from Neutral Good to Chaotic evil. Half-Vampires cannot be lawful.
Half-Vampire Lands: Half-Vampires have no land of their ow, but they are welcome in any in any human cities or any society that usually accepts humans.
Religion: Half-Vampires chose religion as humans do.
Language: Half-Vampires speaks common, but most can hear and understand what the dead speaks.
Names: Half-Vampire names are common human names.
Adventures: Just as humans, Half-Vampires will eventually find themselves in an adventure. Although they are solitary, most would be mercenary, harnessing their natural (or unnatural) powers to use.
Half-Vampire Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -4 Constitution: Half-Vampires are faster and stronger than humans, but their bodies are weak and fragile, and they constantly crave for blood.
- Medium-size: As medium size creatures, half-vampires have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-Vampire base speed is 30 feet.
- Half-Vampires have cold and electricity resistance of 5
- Low-light Vision: Half-Vampires can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks, Half-Vampires have heightened senses almost as keen as their fathers.
- Light Vulnerability (Ex) Exposure to bright light (sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds the Half-Vampire for 1 round and instantly deals 1d6 fire damage. In addition, Half-Vampire suffer a -1 circumstance penalty to all attack rolls, saves and checks while operating in bright light.
- Half-Vampires does not have weakness to garlic, holy symbol, running water, holy water or mirrors as their fathers.
- Blood Drain (Ex) A Half-Vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points.
- Blood Hunger (Ex) If the Half-Vampire does not feed for long period of time(1-2 days). He will start losing Hit Points over time and receives -1 penalty to anything he is doing (including a 10% chance of failure in spellcasting). After he feeds, the penalty will dissapear after 1-5 minutes, depending on the quality of his "food".
- Human Blood: although cursed with the vampire's Blood Hunger, a Half-Vampire is considered human for all special abilities and effects, for example, a weapon which usually destroys an undead would only hurt a Half-Vampire as it would hurt a human.
Automatic language: Common. Bonus Language: Any (other than secret languages). Half-Vampires also have the ability to communicate with the dead.
- Spell-Like Abilities: As the result of the unnatural mating, Half-Vampries have psionic qualities. Half-Vampires can use Telekinesis(as in the spell Telekinesis) 5 times/day. Half-Vampires may only use the normal and Violent Thrust type of telekinesis, and cannot use it for combat maneuvering (as described in the Telekinesis description). The Half-Vampire however, may use this Telekinetic power unlimited times if only used for minor tasks, such as making minor object float on air or pulling small object toward the Vampire (consult this with your DM).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-vampire suffers an XP penalty, hir highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment +2: Half-Vampires are more powerful and gains level more slowly than most of the other common races.
On another note, i've registered to some get paid while surfing site, dunno if it'll work though :P
If you want to help me, or interested to find out about it yourself, register here:
Please use that link instead of just typing www.spedia.net , i need the point ^^