Tuesday, January 07, 2014

My Favorite Game of 2013

Whoa, no updates since November. Let's just say I was a bit...busy, mkay? Well, since it's already 2014, let's look back at 2013 and see which game is my favorite game of 2013. This post might also contain a game that disappoints me the most in 2013 and a game I look forward to the most in 2014. (The picture on the top there doesn't have anything to do with this post but I like Girls und Panzer and it's new year so...there).
Before I even start with the list, do remember that this is my personal list of games that I myself find the most entertaining in 2013. I won't list games that I haven't played yet and if you disagree with my list, well that's just too bad isn't it? deal with it.

My Favorite Game of 2013 - Warframe
Yes, you read it correctly. Warframe is my favorite game of 2013. Ever since it was still in Closed Beta until what it is now, Warframe has gotten tons of improvements and have taken hundreds of hours of my life this year.

The game is grindy, but the gameplay is fun enough for me to forget that I am grinding for levels, or resources or the events or whatever. For those of you who are still on the fence about Warframe, try it out now. (preferrably using that link there on the right side of this blog). You won't regret it.


My Most Disappointing Game of 2013 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
A revival of a failed MMO that does nothing new and exciting(at least for me). FFXIV just uses the same old MMO formula and fails to bring anything new to the table. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with using something that's tried and true but after almost 10 years of World of Warcraft can't developers learn that you can't beat WoW with WoW-like gameplay? Come on SquareEnix, innovate!


Game I Am looking Forward To In 2014 - EverQuest Next
At last, after Wildstar and TESO have shown that they are just going to use the same old MMO formula but with some added features SOE comes in and they try to bring some innovation to the table. Every information they have released about the game seems interesting and I am looking forward to the game's release. It might be bad, sure(all game have a chance to be bad) but at the very least they try to innovate.


Well, that was my short list. How about you? what's your favorite game of 2013, what is the most disappointing to you? and what do you look forward to in 2014? post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment