Monday, November 19, 2012

GW2 Lost Shores Event Review

It's not a secret that I love GW2 very much even when most of my friends left the game I still play it every day and are very excited with the events that ArenaNet plans for the game. I love the Halloween event and felt that it is a very good event which is executed nicely. Sadly the same can't be said for the Lost Shores Event.



Even from the start of the event, Lost Shores already dissapointed me. Yes, it's cool to see the Karka invasion but the unbearable lag? don't tell me ArenaNet didn't foresee that there will be so many players in each area and it will cause lag.

The second day's event is quite okay, taking the beach and battling through the island to set up camp feels awesome. Although something made me think that these events aren't really worth it...which I realized when the third day's event came. Planting bombs on the karka's lair and luring the ancient karka to the lair. Sounds fun? well, it isn't. The whole event is so difficult most players are forced to pay up ludicrous amount of money to repair their armor. And for what? just to do what essentially is a Dynamic Event.

"It's not about the reward, it's about the story!", someone told me this. While that might be true, but having players waste so many hours and silver to finish something that only give back 1+ silver? really? And as far as story goes, you lure the bastard and the lair blows up, hurrah. Is it worth those repair cost? definitely not.

And the scavenger hunt. A jug of liquid karma and some token? really? Those aren't even worth the time and effort, not to mention the frustration of having to deal with a bugged NPC. Bug in a limited event? not a very good thing to have guys.

I'm sorry ANet, I love you and I love your game very much. But if this event is a sample of what we should expect to see in future events, I'll just skip thank you very much. Get your act together! I know you can do better than this.

PS: No I'm not raging or anything just trying to vent out some dissapointment about the event. I hope ANet could do better for the Wintersday event next month and I will be joining the event at that time. I hope it will not dissappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment